Architect Arthur W. Holmes designed the church. The cornerstone was laid in November 1914.
|Photograph of a drawing of the church, likely done by the architect, Arthur W. Holmes|
Photographs Collection, PH0014/41P
Father Michael Cline was the first resident pastor.
|Head and shoulder photographic portrait of Monsignor Michael Cline, 1870-1947, as a young priest.|
Photographs Collection, PH24C/106P
The church on a cloudy summer day in the early 1980s.
Photographs Collection, PH0014/04C
View of the back of the church from the altar in the early 1980s.
Photographs Collection, PH0014/08C
View of the front interior of the church in the early 1970s.
|Altar and sanctuary, ca. October 1970|
Photographs Collection, PH81/10CP
View of the front interior of the church almost two decades later. Can you spot the differences?
Photographs Collection, PH0014/49C
Exterior of the church in the late 1980s.
Photographs Collection, PH0014/46C
For more information about the church and to see some wonderful older photographs of the church, please visit the Holy Name Parish website. Have a wonderful weekend!